Saturday, October 27, 2007

tunes they are a changing







Kevin Larson, left, marc zion, center, vince donohue, right




stock up on some brew for a fun evening at the bob dylan concert









arena magic evenings pack the house





lined up for caps, t shirts, and anything dylan





Bob Dylan concert


BY ANTHONY SALUTO
The atmosphere was calm much of the time and when the harmonica kicked in, often the crowd took to cheer. I arrived by just after 7 and found a guy who had an extra ticket and bought it for $20. going over for a few shots with my camera I was told I could take my camera in by the guy at the front door. So about a half hour into it I then was asked to remove my camera. Which I did. Having tried to reach the promoter, jamusa for a press pass I was notified Dylan doesn’t allow photography.

There were many empty seats through out the arena, which is great too, you can spread out some or even relocate easily into an area you prefer. Not being a music expert I thought the sound was awesome. For the first time I didn’t have pounding ear drums for two hours after the concert like I did with Reo Speedwagon and a few others. It was so peaceful I almost nodded off in my chair at 10:30 and decided to take off before the stampede for the exits started.

After a long afternoon doing a photo shoot I'm ready for a sandwich. The pulled pork was top notch. I had it with a plastic bottle beer. i don’t like the plastic bottle beers, but see their practicality.

One thing I noticed sitting a few rows from the front on a far curved area in the layout. Many people were loosing their step next too my row of seats. It seemed to be very dark and though the usher was often shinning a light on the area in anticipation of repeat slips, many still did almost have serious falls in the dark. I felt like a spotter and was conscious of protecting myself from a faller at the same time.
I think some of black slip proofing was laid out different on the step most people were slipping on. So watch your step.

By the time I returned my camera to the studio and got some dinner, I was basically just seeing Dylan. The guys I photographed with the beer cases tell me some of them had seen 42 Dylan concerts. They were total fans. Offering some very highly recommended Dylan web sites for those that want to know everything Dylan. Try,
www.boblinks.com , or www.expectingrain.com . If you had brain freeze and forgot to go, or otherwise were preoccupied, Dylan will be playing in Chicago for three nights. The Chicago Theatre will be hosting his act, whether tickets are available I haven’t heard. Looks like the November and December calendars are empty for performances, and I haven’t seen a schedule for 08. The Chicago Theatre looks like your last chance to be a live performance fan.

The shirt and cap concessions were packed before the concert and I opted for a t shirt and cap, that cost me $65. I figured I saved a few bucks on the ticket so having a few mementos of the occasion wouldn’t be a bad idea at all. Everyone seemed to love the concert and downtown bloomington was a lively and accommodating as can be.





Don and Connie Taylor enjoyed the concert up close. Don says, "we made direct eye contact through binoculars, and he almost waved at us." Connie adds, "making out the words on just a few, was the mumbling we've all grown to expect." Connie adds, "we love how Dylan keeps reinventing his own music". "Like Tangled up in Blue" adds Don.

photography copyrighted, anthony saluto , usage and or prints, gosaluto@bellsouth.net
news tips, downtown trivia, gosaluto@bellsoth.net
advertising information: gosaluto@bellsouth.net
Copyright 2007 Anthony Saluto Productions P.O. Box 3425 Bloomington il. 61702
Subscribe to this blog at the bottom.








PLEASE CLICK OUR GOOGLE ADS
One of the reasons Google is already around the fourth most valuable company in the U.S. The Google ads around stroll the hills border are randomly placed there by Google. I would assume their computers are analyzing our content and placing the most appropriate available advertiser’s ads ever changing. With many thousands of click troughs, eventually commission checks are determined and mailed directly to the hosting site. Thank You Very Much!